Young people today face life threatening challenges on a daily basis. Below are some of these challenges that we are making a difference:
* 56.6% of V.I youths live in single-parent homes: Some of the challenges come from growing up in a single parent home where an adult is not home most of the time; where the older child has the responsibility to care for the other siblings. This put a burden on that older child and robs them of their own childhood.
* Childhood obesity continues to increase in the V.I: Some of these challenges come from being overweight or obese and as a result youths often struggle with their health. In addition to these struggles, they face being ridiculed by their peers. This can allow the child to become depressed or develop very low self-esteem about themselves. We are proud to say that we can now provide an outlet away from home, where adolescence of same qualities can come together to support and encourage one another. Learning materials are provided while our children are motivated and empowered to implement life-saving weight management and weight control practices. Awards, trophies, group trips and prizes are given to our children for their successes yearly.
* One in four children live in poverty in the V.I.
* Child abuse is on the rise in the V.I.
* More than half of students are performing below grade level in reading and math.
* 73% of V.I children can't read well. We have a reading club that allows our children to all read a book every day. We even take them out on field trips where they read /sing to other young children or the disable community group in F/sted.
We now can provide these children a place to meet where they have the comfort and privacy needed to take control of their current challenges. Women with Focus headquarters is a place where our children and young people will be able to focus while working on the challenges. They now have an opportunity to have freedom from peer pressure, name calling and/ or bullying.
YOUR SUPPORT WILL ASSIST US WITH OUR AFTER-SCHOOL
Women with Focus is a non-profit (501c3) organization dedicated to building a strong and healthy community. We urge the public to send support as we attempt to promote health and wellness throughout the communities. We gladly accept and appreciate your support and all donations to our organization are tax deductible. Please help us grow this community-based organization.
PAST SUPPORTERS: Your assistance with donations to sponsor an event or assistance with buying needed supplies for our students is greatly appreciated.
We need to continue to grow and your assistance in any way would be greatly appreciated. Some items that you can lend a hand with includes:
Donations may be sent via check, money orders, money gram, or by mail.
Women with Focus Inc.
#107 Estate Plessen Plot 147
Frederiksted St Croix VI 00840.
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
Make contact to sponsor an event, a raffle prize, car wash, or a student's trip.
We want to thank you in advance for your donation and your assistance!
Our Office is located @
Office Hours: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Weekdays.
Please call for an appointment.
Phone #s:(340) 692-2824,(340)-626-8188 or (340)-643-0426.