I live in Lorraine Village and my (3) children attended the Summer Enrichment Camp held in Grove Place for (6) weeks from June 28th - Aug 06, 2010, that was managed by Ms Loving Jay and her staff. I can say, that this was a very interesting program indeed that help my children a lot in different ways.They had the opportunity to meet new friends, and learn so much from the outing adventures, skills and arts and crafts projects, and gust speaker who came to the camp daily. The counselors and volunteers all did their part to keep the camp safe and work with all the children on walking events, sports and games that was played. I think that the program is needed here in our community to help us the parents who have to work long hours, know that our children are in a safe place after they finish school or during the summer where they are learning things as well. I see students that was much bigger, now looking better and are much happier from their weight loss. Parents let us support this program and Ms Loving Jay, because she did not have to do this for our children all for free.
I want to personally say Thank You Loving, and I here to assist you with this program all they way.
GOD BLESS YOU.
I am (10) years old. I am from Queens New York and I am vacationing on St Croix with my grand parents for the summer. It was my grandmother who enrolled me in the Summer Enrichment Camp in Grove Place; because she know the leader of the camp and know it would be a program that I would enjoy. I had the time of my life at this camp, there was so much sports to choose from every day, I tried my skills at tennis, soccer, kickball, basketball and volleyball. I loved jumping rope, playing 4 corners and hop scotch. In addition to all the skills that was taught to us like cooking, sewing, lots of arts and craft works, playing musical chairs and playing on the park swinging or going on the monkey bars. My director Mrs Loving Jay teaches us tutorial in addition to all the other things that we learn from her everyday. Mrs Loving Jay is a very kind and loving person who care about children and we do lots of things together with her apart from the camp. We went on many field trips, to the skating ring, movies, Hotel on the Kay and other fun things. She always teach us to give God Thanks and to pray every morning and to count our blessings and I like that. When I go back home to New York, I am going to tell all my friends and family about the great camp that I was a part of here on St Croix and I might even come back to St Croix just to be in it again next year Gods willing. You can see me on the website as well. Your student, Shania R Williams 8/02/10.
I"m a sixteen year old student attending the Educational Complex on St.Croix. I join the Summer Enrichment Camp, that was ran by Mrs Loving Jay, with my two brothers and decided to assist as a volunteer with the younger children. I enjoyed working with them and they all had great fun.
They played lots of fun games every morning and sports such as football, baseball, basketball, tennis and especially soccer just to name a few.The kids also went on Historical Tours, such as walking and Island Adventures.They have so much to do everyday with this program which was a good opportunity for them. I myself learned a lot of different stuff working with Ms Loving Jay. So I am happy to say that your child will learn a lot while they lose their weight from this program; making children our top priority.
Working together to make a difference in the lives of others; while changing the mindset of young children is what Mrs Loving Loves to do. So I'm leaving one last word with you do not hesitate to register your child in this program, we are here to work with them and help them to become better children for the future. I will continue to work with this program because I love it; again my name is Sabrina Samson and GOD BLESS.
I am a (10) year old girl, who was 163 lbs had a very big stomach and was teased by others. I joined the program to improve my skills in soccer and to learn tennis, I also enjoy the aerobic classes and walk for health. I joined the KSD Club to learn the arts and crafts, bowling, skating, gardening and outreach adventures.I am now wearing much smaller clothes and my stomach is almost gone and I feel great about how I look. I learned so much each time I come to class from Ms Loving Jay that I now can also teach my friends some of what I have learned.
I am a (12) year old boy who was the biggest student in my school; I was wearing a size 42" in men pants and was 216 lbs; but all that have changed now I started attending the after-school program with Ms Loving Jay. I know once I keep doing all what I learn and continue to playing all the different sports, I will no longer be a fat boy and my health will also continue to improve. I thank God for sending Ms Loving Jay to our school to work with us.
I live in Mutral Homes on St Croix; my children took part in the program this summer and they had a ball. Everyday they came from the camp they had something to talk about. I attended the end of summer field trip to the beach and really saw what they were talking about. I am very active myself with my kids, I enjoy playing sports such as basketball and softball. I will be assisting with the after-school activities some days for this school year.
The KSD After School for 2010/2011 students who was qualifying to win the contest have to say:
The voices and the stories of the children of St. Croix
1. I am a 12 year old boy and I am (5' 4") with my starting weight @174 lbs and my BMI 40%. I joined the KSD program because I hate my life and I wish I could get rid of all the stress. I enjoy playing basketball, football and jokes. My favorite foods are pork, vegetables, and chicken. I do not like to garden. Update: He was able to complete the program, even though he had some challenges. He enjoy all the outing events and is willing to continue to lose his weight during the summer and join the after-school again.
2. I am a 12 year old girl and I am (5' 6") with my starting weight: 224 lbs and my BMI 40%. I joined the KSD program because I have diabetes running in my family and I’m afraid of getting it. My favorite things to do are shopping, singing, and reading. I love to eat fried chicken, pizza, and ice-cream. My favorite sports are kickball, soccer ,volleyball, softball, tennis, running, and basketball.
3. I am a 12 year old girl and I am (5' 5") with my starting weight: 146 lbs and my BMI 33%. I joined the KSD program because I was tired of wearing one piece bathing suits. I like to eat pizza, McDonalds, and Taco Bell. I like playing outside, watching movies, and watching T.V. I like playing basketball, football, and Skating.
4. I am a 11 year old boy and I am (5' 5 1/2") with my starting weight: 175 lbs and my BMI 33%. I joined this program because I don’t like seeing myself like this. I hate it when people tell me I am fat and continue to tease me. The things that I like to do are: listen to music, draw, and play games. I like to eat bananas, chicken, rice, and chicken salads. My favorite sports are tennis and kickball. I do not like to garden.
5. I am a 12 year old girl and I am (4' 9") with my starting weight: 145 lbs and my BMI 46%.. The reason I want to be in this program is because I don’t want to die and I don’t like it when people call me fat. My favorite food is macaroni and pink salmon.
6. I am a 9 year old girl and I am (4' 3") and my starting weight is 108 lbs and my BMI over 30%. I joined the KSD program because I want to lose weight. I like football, soccer, and baseball. I like to eat fish, mash potatoes and rice. I like to garden.
7. I am a 10 year old girl and I am (5' 5 1/2") with my starting weight: 175lbs and my BMI 33%. I joined this program to lose weight. I like to jump rope, play, and garden. I like to eat provision, rice, and macaroni. My favorite sports to play are: basketball. Tennis and Frisbee.
8. I am a 12 year old boy and I am (5') with my starting weight: 224 lbs and my BMI 66%. The reason why I joined the program is to lose weight, play more sports and feel good about myself. The things I like to do is play the drums, listen to music and play. I like to eat pizza and veggie burgers and spaghetti. My four favorite sports: basketball, football, dodge ball, and tennis. I love gardening because it helps plants grow and planting is fun.
9. I am a 11 year old girl and I am (5") with my starting weight: 190 lbs and my BMI 47%. I joined The KSD program to lose weight and feel better. I like to play my Nintendo DSI, play basketball and baseball. I like to eat McDonalds, and Pizza Hut I don’t like to garden.
10. I am a 9 year old girl and I am (4' 8") with my starting weight: 118 lbs and my BMI 43%. I joined this program because I wanted to lose weight. I like to play softball, volley ball, and basketball. I like to eat bananas, apples and pears. I like to garden.
11. I am a 11 year old girl and I am (5' 5") with my starting weight: 168 lbs and my BMI 48%. I joined this program because I didn’t like that people see me and call me fat. I like to play outside, watch T.V. , and talk to my friends. My favorite foods are pizza, rice, chicken and McDonalds.
12. I am a 12 year old girl and I am (5') with my starting weight: 191 lbs and my BMI 52%. I joined this program because my mother told me I needed to slim down. I like to play baseball, jump rope, and kickball. I like to eat grapes, oranges, and apples, I like to garden.
13. I am a 10 year old girl and I am 4' 8" with my starting weight:____ and my BMI __%. I join the program because it a good thing for children who is fat to get help. I like playing jump rope, hop scotch, and swimming. I live to eat pizza, hot dog, ham and cheese. and i love to garden.
14. I am a 10 year old girl and I am 5' with my starting weight:149 lbs and my BMI is 40%. I join the program to continue to lose the rest of my weight, I saw great success in my skin, my energy level and was able to learn different type of sports. I also enjoyed the outings and arts and craft classes.
Voices of the E.M.W. after-school Club Members 2013!
1. I am a 12 year old boy in 6th grade, I joined the program because I love to paint and draw and we don't have art in our school. I also love learning other arts and craft skill and playing basketball.
2. I am a 11 year old girl in 6th grade, I join this program because I want to lose some weight and learn new stuff. I love cooking, sewing and painting. I also love going out field trips and fun-days.
3. I love this club because I want to learn fun things and playing sports. I am 11 year girl.
4. I am 12 years old and I am in 6th grade, I join this club because I want to look better in my clothes and I like how some of the other students from last year looked after they lost some weight. I also love learning different sports, arts and craft and going on field trips.
5. I am a 13 years boy and I am in 5th grade, I joined this program because I want to learn more than I am learning in my class. I want to learn skills so I can do better in class. I was in this class last year and I learn so much from Mrs. Loving J and I will give my full attention to everything this time. Thanks for all you do for us every day Mrs. Loving J.
6. I am a 10 year old boy and i am in 5th grade, I joined this program because I want to have fun while I learn new things from Mrs. loving Jay. I love all the sports and arts and craft skills and outings.
7. I am a 11 year old girl and a 6th grade, I join this club because I want to learn how to sew my own clothes and make different thing by sewing. i also love arts and craft. I am happy for this program that is now in our school.
8. I am an 11 year old 6th grader, I joined this program because I was in it last year and I love Mrs. Loving Jay for that entire programs she is doing to help us at our school. I want to learn everything that she will teach us.
9. I am a 11 year old girl and a 6th grader, I join this club because i love what I see that Mrs. Loving Jay is going to teach us to make and I want to learn new stuff. i love sewing, arts and craft, poetry basketball and field trips.
10. I am a 11 year old girl in 6th grade and I join this program because I want to learn sewing, cooking, arts and craft and sports.
11. I am a 9 year old female 4th grader and i join this club because I want to learn sewing, painting, jewelry and arts and craft skills.
12. I am a 10 year old boy and I am in the 5th grade and I join this club because i want to learn all the activities, I really love to paint, sew and cook. I also love sports.
13. I am a 8 year old boy and I join this program because I thought it would be fun and adventurous and I will learn to do different things. I also love to go out to see different places and learn new skills.
14. I am 7 years and I join this program to exercise and learn different things and go out on field trips. Ms Loving Jay loves us.
15. I am a 9 years old boy and I joined this program to learn how to sew and to dance and learn different things.
16. I am 9 years old and I join this program to learn different arts and craft skills. I want to follow my dreams and this program will help me learn from young.
17. I am 9 years old and I joined Ms. Loving Jay's after-school program because we can learn how to do fun things every day and go on field trips.
18. I am a 10 year old boy and I join the after-school because we learn fun things and i love to draw and go bowling.
This is just a few reasons the students gave why they joined the after-school club at Evelyn M Williams School.
Parents have joined with their children in the weight loss Inter-island Contest 2013.
Here is what some of these students have to say at Evelyn M Williams School:
1. I am 9 year girl and my family is on the challenge with me losing weight as a team. By following the meal plan that Mrs. Loving Jay gave me, I was able to lose (4) lbs. I know it might not look like much; but to me it's a great feeling to see the weight loss has began. I am really excited to know that I can lose my weight for life with this program. My up date: I am now 13 and lost all the weight that I needed to lose a total of 30 lbs. D.A
2. I am a very short 10 year old girl and my weight has been a problem all my life. I have a very big stomach and my mother joined the challenge and have add me to her team. I go to all the classes with Mrs. Loving Jay. I want to lose the weight so my belly don't have to be so big anymore. I want to look good for my 6th grade graduation and not be fat.Lost my belly fat for my graduation. Thanks Ms. Loving Jay. S.T
3. I am 8 years old and in 3rd grade and I joined the challenge with my mother because I want to lose my weight and learn fun things with Ms. Loving Jay. I love everything she teaches us and going on trips. A.R
4. I am 9 years old and I join the after-school program to learn arts and craft and all the fun things Ms. Loving Jay teaches us. I like everything about this program and I am happy that i will get fit and look good as I get older. E.G
5. I joined Ms. Jay's after-school program because it help me with my school work and it's fun and exciting. I want to learn arts and craft and lose some weight. I love everything about this program. I joined the summer weight loss with my mother and we both have lost our weight. S.J
6. I am a 8 year old boy who is growing up fat and I heard that this program was fun and I will learn how to lose weight and I want to lose my weight and don't want to continue to grow up a fat boy.
7. I am 8 years old and I joined this program because i want to lose weight and become healthy. T.W
8. I am 12 years old and I join this program to attend the youths events that will teach me lots of different things. I need to begin to care for my body so I don't get sick like my mother and have to lose my foot. M.P
9. I am a 13 years boy and I joined this program when I was in 6 grade I learn a lot of things and that is why I joined again to learn new things with the youth outreach programs. I love how Ms. Loving Jay helps me and my mother who is disabled. A.M
10. I am 15 and my weight is 235 and it's affecting my health. I need to lose my weight so I can get healthy, so join the 90 days challenge to see if it will help me lose my weight. We are doing the community challenge of Estate Profit. T. K.